In 2017, running an efficient business or organization requires the use of technology to leverage your workforce.
It is increasingly difficult to find one industry, line of work or profession that has not been changed or altered by technology in the past 20 years. Business as Usual now means technology as usual.
As your organization grows, so does the need for technology.
What aspects of your business are impacted by technology?
The moment your business involves more than 2 people, the need to communicate will involved technology.
- Instant Messaging
- Customer Support
Running a business means generating a large amount of files from scans, to spreadsheets to documents. Eventually these files will need to be shared, backed up or archived
- Office Suite
- Note taking
- Picture and Graphic Editing
- PDF creating or manipulation
Business Critical Applications
Business Critical Applications are different then the above mentioned technology. They are the kind of applications without which normal business operations stop.
- Point of Sales systems for retail businesses
- Customer Relationship Management for sales people
- Accounting software for financial institutions
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Software development firms
- Project Management Software
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) software for design firms
On the next installment of the this series we will cover some of the advanced Business IT such as security, configuration, automation.
Want to talk to us about your Business and IT? drop us a line below.